Top 5 Last-mile Delivery Software for 2023
In today’s world, people wish to receive their orders right at their doorstep without the hassle of multiple follow-ups. Last mile delivery software also known as the final mile delivery software makes this happen for people across the globe. The growing demand for online delivery has helped the last mile delivery business grow exponentially. Last Mile Delivery Software increases delivery efficiency in many ways without the need to invest in more fleet vehicles or drivers.
Table of Content
Importance of Last-mile delivery software for 2023
Understanding the importance of last mile delivery software for your business
Top 5 Last Mile Delivery Software for 2023
Frequently Asked Questions
Importance of Last-mile delivery software for 2023:
Industries like eCommerce, Retail, Food & beverages are the ones that should always be on top with the best delivery services. With the increasing demand for faster deliveries with a personalized experience, every industry needs to be aware of the latest trends and technologies that can help their business grow exponentially.
Last mile delivery accounts for 53% of the total cost of moving a product across the first, mid, and last mile. Overcoming challenges like cost management, missed deliveries, security & theft, delivery window constraints and more requires full-fledged and feature-rich last mile delivery solution.
Understanding the importance of last mile delivery software for your business:
Last mile delivery continues to be of paramount importance in 2023 for several reasons. Its significance is expected to remain a critical consideration for businesses in the logistics and e-commerce industries. The key reasons why last mile delivery remains vital are competitive edge, cost efficiency, customer satisfaction, on-demand deliveries, sustainability, market expansion, and data analytics.
Top 5 Last Mile Delivery Software for 2023
Before selecting any last-mile delivery software, it’s essential to assess your specific business needs, budget, and integration requirements. Also, be sure to check for the latest reviews and recommendations to ensure that the software you choose is up-to-date and suitable for your needs in 2023.
1. LogiNext Mile
Focused on delivering a satisfactory end-customer experience, LogiNext offers numerous features for various industries including CEP, F&B, Transportation, Retail, and eCommerce along with CPG. LogiNext has successfully redefined the way first-mile, middle-mile, and last-mile logistics take place and offers an experience that eventually results in recurring customers and revenue.
LogiNext has helped numerous businesses receive thousands of orders and deliver them in time to the customers with every update and notification that needs to be sent out. With LogiNext’s last-mile delivery, the F&B, retail, and eCommerce businesses have witnessed a surge in orders due to the unique features that make communication easier.
Focusing on last-mile delivery helps in keeping the on-time delivery promise with the endless set of features:
Key Features of LogiNext:
– Allows route optimization facility to identify the most suitable routes to ensure faster deliveries as well as seamless communication.
– Offers live tracking facility to provide timely updates of the order status in such a way that customers don’t need to wait.
– Provides pre-order ETA to get a better understanding of the time required for a delivery to reach the customer.
– Saves time and resources for the shippers by offering an automated pickup facility that assigns the closest delivery associate.
– Offers an undisrupted experience with timely notifications and live chat options for the customers to stay informed.
Locus is a logistics and supply chain optimization platform that leverages artificial intelligence (AI) and data-driven technology to help businesses improve the efficiency and visibility of their logistics and delivery operations. Locus offers a range of software solutions and tools to assist companies in making smarter decisions, optimizing routes, managing deliveries, and enhancing overall supply chain performance.
Key Features of Locus:
– The platform provides real-time tracking of shipments and vehicles, allowing for better monitoring and management of logistics operations.
– Order Management: Locus assists in order allocation, dispatching, and tracking from order creation to delivery.
FarEye is a global logistics management software platform that offers a wide range of solutions to help businesses optimize their supply chain and delivery operations. It’s designed to improve logistics and delivery efficiency by providing real-time visibility, automation, and analytics.
Various industries like e-commerce, retail, logistics, and manufacturing use FarEye to manage their supply chain and last-mile delivery operations more effectively.
Key Features of FarEye:
– Allows businesses to track their shipments and deliveries in real-time, providing information on the location and status of orders and vehicles.
– Offers route planning and optimization tools to ensure that deliveries are made efficiently, reducing fuel costs and delivery times.
Shipsy is a logistics and supply chain management platform with a range of tools and features to streamline and optimize various aspects of the supply chain. The software solutions for businesses involved in shipping, freight forwarding, and logistics operations include shipment tracking, inventory management, order processing, and data analytics.
Shipsy’s solutions are designed to improve efficiency, visibility, and communication within the logistics and supply chain industry with the help of digital technologies and automation.
Key Features of Shipsy:
– Offers detailed reports for better analytics in understanding how to make last-mile deliveries more streamlined.
– The automatic allocation of vehicles offered by Shipsy is designed in a way that the entire space of the vehicle is fully utilized by the suitable package size.
Onro is an efficient last mile delivery software offering end-to-end visibility for a better customer experience. Onro designs branded on-demand delivery software for businesses that wish to grow significantly in the last-mile delivery business. Onro offers functionalities like courier software, on-demand delivery, and pickup and delivery for their clients.
Key Features of Onro:
– Offers a convenient way to communicate with the delivery associates in real time and easily provide delivery instructions.
– Helps in providing multilingual options with a host of languages to choose from.
– Focuses on smoother last-mile delivery with the order monitoring feature for the shippers and customers.
FAQs for Last Mile Delivery Software
1. How does Last Mile Delivery Software integrate with existing logistics systems?
Enhancing last mile delivery operations is crucial to achieve customer satisfaction. There are a few pointers that are essential for the seamless integration of your logistics system with LMD software.
1) Find out if you would be handling deliveries using your own drivers or outsourcing delivery.
2) If you opt for a 3PL service provider, choose wisely the operators you would like to integrate with.
3) Focus on serving the best customer experience. The LMD software should intelligently assign orders to drivers based on their skill sets.
4) Ensure the orders have tracking links added when the driver leaves the store with ETA.
5) The LMD software offers analytics of each delivered order, which helps operations find the best way to get deliveries completed.
2. How big is the last mile delivery software market?
With the increasing demand for home delivery for daily essentials, food items and everything in between, the last mile delivery has grown exponentially. By 2027, the global last mile delivery market is expected to grow to more than 200 billion U.S. dollars from 108.1 billion U.S. dollars in 2020, says Statista. If you wish to make your last mile delivery business stronger, you should consider one of the top 5 last mile delivery software for 2023 and boost your orders for a better customer experience.
3. Can Last Mile Delivery Software optimize routes to reduce delivery times and costs?
Yes, last mile delivery software helps in route optimization for faster and cost-efficient deliveries. LogiNext is one of the last mile delivery software with the best route optimization feature that identifies the most convenient route for delivery. It eventually results in faster delivery, cost savings, and better customer experience.
In summary, the importance of last mile delivery in 2023 is rooted in meeting customer expectations. The other essential areas of focus include staying competitive, managing costs, addressing environmental concerns, and leveraging technology and data. Businesses that can master last mile logistics will be better positioned to thrive in the evolving landscape of e-commerce and supply chain management. Click on the red button below to uplift your last mile delivery journey seamlessly.